Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Oh well, We tried

Well I said I would keep you updated on the sleep training so: . . . The week after we had it down Weston got a really high temperature.  It was so high that we ran him to the ER at 2:30 in the morning.  I had been battling it all day but it hadnt ever gotten over 101.6 or so and the time that it did that day, I gave him more motrin and it went back down.  That night however he went to sleep and temp went down to normal, 2 a.m. I woke up because I must have touched him and felt how hot he was.  So up we got, gave him some motrin and it went down a bit, 15 mins later I checked it again and it was up even higher.  So we said this is it, and took him to Grandpa for a blessing and then to the ER.  They just said keep doing what we were doing, and sent us back home.  Better safe then sorry though....  Every since then I either have to rock him to sleep or sometimes I get lucky and can just hold his hand or rub his back while he lays in his crib and I sing him to sleep or tell him a story.  The story worked tonight.... so guess we will try something different this time around.  Dont know what just yet, maybe just keep trying to let him know I am in the room but each night get a bit farther away.  Who knows....

No comments:

Post a Comment